Self-care plan for the holidays
Having a tangible self-care plan increases your chances of taking better care of yourself during the holidays while still managing your responsibilities. Create a self-care plan for the holidays by following these six easy steps:
- Take an index card or sheet of paper and divide it into four sections.
- Under PHYSICAL, write some things you can do to maintain your physical well-being, like exercise goals or food and alcohol moderation goals.
- Under EMOTIONAL, write some things you can do to maintain your emotional well-being, like reminders not to be hard on yourself, positive self-talk statements, etc.
- Under SPIRITUAL, write some things to nurture your spiritual well-being, like a meaningful poem or verse, or reminders of important spiritual/religious events.
- Under SOCIAL, write some things you can do to maintain your social well-being, like upcoming group activities, plans with friends, or activities/hobbies to meet new people.
- Place your self-care plan in your wallet, purse, or another place that you can see it regularly and remind yourself to be self-nurturing and maintain calm and resilience.
LSUS | Student Development